Here are the ingredients I used:
1 cup sliced strawberries
2 tablespoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
6 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 tablespoons powdered sugar
9 teaspoons heavy whipping cream
1 loaf of French Bread
- I set my elecrtic griddle to 350 degrees.
- Cut French Bread into two-inch slices, then cut a deep pocket through the middle.
- With an electric mixer, mix the cream cheese, sugar and cream until nice and creamy.
- Add the strawberries, sugar, and almond extract to the cream cheese mixture until combined.
- With a spatula, put the cream cheese mixture into the pocket of the bread slices.
- Dip both sides of the bread into the french toast batter (see ingredients below) then put on the griddle. Flip the toast after about 1 minute or until golden brown. Then feel free to serve with cool whip, powdered sugar, and strawberries on top.
- French Toast batter:
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon