Friday, April 15, 2011

Hi Hat Cupcakes


On Wednesday for the baseball team I made cupcakes that are called Hi Hat cupcakes. These were one of my favorites that I've made so far. The chocolate cupcake by itself was SCRUMPTIOUS! These cupcakes look like Chocolate-dipped ice cream cones minus the cones. I found this recipe on bakerella.com as well. I have been obsessed with the website ever since I found it about 2 weeks ago. It is heaven for a baker; in my opinion.

Since the baseball team consists of about 24 people, including the coaches I always have to double recipes. I advise not to double the frosting, but rather to make it twice because you have to get it to reach a certain temperature on the stove. It takes longer when there's more batter.
Here is the recipe! Enjoy :)


    • For The Batter

      • 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate chopped
      • 1 cup all-purpose flour
      • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
      • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
      • 1/4 teaspoon salt
      • 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter softened
      • 1 1/4 cups sugar
      • 2 large eggs
      • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
      • 1/2 cup sour cream
    • For The Chocolate Coating

      • 2 cups chopped (about 12 ounces) semisweet chocolate
      • 3 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
    • For The Frosting

      • 1 3/4 cups sugar
      • 3 large egg whites
      • 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
      • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
      • 1/2 teaspoon almond extract

No comments:

Post a Comment