Friday, April 15, 2011

Marshmallow Popcorn Balls

My mom made marshmallow popcorn for my family growing up. She would make it for parties or just for fun. I made about a week ago for a baseball game, and I forgot how delicious it was! It's also so easy to make! Just make sure you have a large bowl handy!
Here is the recipe:
4 -5 quarts popped corn (3/4 to 1 cup of kernels)
1 cup butter
1 1/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 bag mini marshmallows
 
Mix marshmallows in popped corn.  Mix rest of ingredients except for vanilla in stove pan.  Bring to a boil for 3 minutes.  Add vanilla, stir.  Pour over pop corn and stir until marshmallows melt.

To get the balls to look like baseballs I used Twizzlers ropes. Then I wrapped the ball in saran wrap so they wouldn't stick together.
 

1 comment:

  1. YAY! I have been asking Amanda for the recipe for Marshmallow Popcorn and that awesome Chex Mix your mom would make FOREVER!! Now I'm halfway there! Congrats on the blog! It will be a fun one to follow! I too love to bake... I just never have time! Props to you for finding the time!

    ReplyDelete