Monday, April 25, 2011

Stuffed French Toast

For Easter breakfast, I made Andrew and me Stuffed French Toast. I got the idea from The Pioneer Woman but she doesn't give exact ingredient measurements, so I improvised. I have a delicious strawberry crepe recipe with cream cheese as the filling. I used that recipe for the filling; and it was SCRUMPTIOUS! It was so sweet, no syrup was needed. 
Here are the ingredients I used:
1 cup sliced strawberries
2 table
spoons sugar
1/4 teaspoon almond extract
 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
4 tablespoons powdered sugar
9 teaspoons heavy whipping cr
eam

1 loaf of French Bread
  1. I set my elecrtic griddle to 350 degrees. 
  2. Cut French Bread into two-inch slices, then cut a deep pocket through the middle.
  3. With an electric mixer, mix the cream cheese, sugar and cream until nice and creamy. 
  4. Add the strawberries, sugar, and almond extract to the cream cheese mixture until combined.
  5. With a spatula, put the cream cheese mixture into the pocket of the bread slices. 
  6. Dip both sides of the bread into the french toast batter (see ingredients below) then put on the griddle. Flip the toast after about 1 minute or until golden brown. Then feel free to serve with cool whip, powdered sugar, and strawberries on top. 

    • French Toast batter:
      • 4 eggs, beaten
      • 1 cup milk
      • 2 tablespoons sugar
      • 2 teaspoons vanilla
      • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon

No comments:

Post a Comment